What is it?
SchoolTool™ is a free, open source, web-based student information system for schools around the world.
The standard installation of SchoolTool includes:
- Customizable student and teacher demographics and other personal data;
- Contact management for teachers, students, and their guardians;
- Teacher gradebooks;
- Skill and outcomes based assessment;
- Schoolwide assessment data collection and report card generation;
- Class attendance and daily participation grades;
- Calendars for the school, groups, individuals, and resource booking.
SchoolTool was conceived and funded by Mark Shuttleworth.
Who uses it?
SchoolTool has been adopted by schools on every continent except Antarctica, from Career and Technical schools across the state of Virginia, to global deployments of servers as part of the Intel Learning Series™ and Critical Links' Education Appliance™, serving individual schools, local commercial vendors, and government offices.
Anyone can install and run SchoolTool on the world's most popular free operating system, Ubuntu™ Linux, on a local or cloud server with no licensing fees.
See http://schooltool.org for more information, including how to install and run SchoolTool on Ubuntu.